2013/07/02

It's more than just a diet, it's a lifestyle change

In March i started to eat clean. 
Eat clean, what does that mean? Ok, so first of all I stopped drinking soft drinks like CocaCola or Sprite. Actually that was one of the hardest things for me, because I LOVE COKE! 
As "eat clean" already says, your food only contains clean ingredient, for example just self-made pizza, so you know what is in it. Also, stop eating fast food, I know it sounds really hard, but you'll get used to it, and once a week or so you can have a so called "cheat meal", where you can eat you favorite food like ice cream or chocolate. 
As I already said, after a time (maybe one month or two) you'll get used to it.
The best thing about it, your health improves and your concentration as well. Awesome, eh? 
Back to the main issue: 
Clean eating, what is that?

Well, my typical day looks like this: 
Breakfast: oatmeal (oats + semi-skimmed milk/almond milk) and fruits 
Snack at school (at around 10:00): whole-grain bread, fruits or vegetables (depends on how much time I have in the morning)
Lunch: either salad or yoghurt with oats and fruits
Snack in the afternoon (at around 4:00): crisp bread, vegetables (carrots, pepper, tomatoes) or fruits
Dinner: Usually I have dinner with my family, because they think that I should have one "real meal" everyday! So for dinner I normally eat either sausage or cheese and salad! 

some of you may think now: "OMG, that's not much at all!" 
I know it isn't that much, but even before I started eating clean I didn't eat very much, so for me it's enough! 

Another very important thing that adds to the clean eating is working out.
If you want to get toned or gain muscles you should work out at least three times a week or go for a run or jog if you don't like doing exercises. 
Because I'm addicted to sports I work out, walk the dog, go on the trampoline or do cheerleading everyday, but that's definitely not necessary! 
You can find workouts to do at home everywhere on the internet, but my favorite website is definitely www.blogilates.com and my favorite iPhone app is "NikeTrainingClub"! 
On Blogilates are also some really really good recipes! Very easy, healthy and delicious! 


It will take some time until you can see your body changing, but it's totally worth it :) 

Keine Kommentare: